SCOUT GROUPS OF IRELAND….
WE WANT YOUR STORIES AND PHOTOGRAPHS!
How would you like photographs and stories from your Scout group included in a new book about Scouting in Ireland?
Well here is your chance!
Leaders from the 180th Lucan Scout Group are compiling a book of photographs and stories from as many Scout groups from the whole of Ireland as we can. And all you have to do is submit them!
We have a lively enthusiastic team of Scout leaders awaiting your submissions.
So, what do you need to do??
Not a lot!
All you have to do is send us some photographs old or new, of your Scout Group, accompanied by a short written piece about the photograph or your Scout Group.
It’s that easy!!
We are sending this letter to every Scout group in the whole of Ireland so be sure not to be left out!
Why are we doing this?
Because we are mad!
And also because we need funding to build a new den and we thought this was a good idea!
On the next page are the details of how to send us your submissions (the boring bit!).
Please help us to make this the BEST Christmas/Birthday/Any occasion present possible for anyone who has been or currently is a Scout, oh, and help us get a few euro’s towards our building fund!!!
Yours in Scouting,
© 180th Lucan Scout Group
Find us, like us, share us
How to submit your photographs and stories
The most important thing in this section is the closing date and that is…
5.30pm Friday 30th June 2017
And the next most important thing is where to send your stories and photographs!
The email address to use is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can send us a maximum of 3 photographs per group, otherwise we will end up with either one massive tome or volumes of encyclopaedias!
- Please send us your photographs in JPEG format (maximum file size 5MB) and have each one named so we make sure it is attached to your section of the book! For example, 180th Lucan photo number 1, 2, 3 etc.
- Please supply names of any persons in photographs (if you know them) and place names etc and the date/year they were taken (approximately if you are not sure!). Our leaders especially love the older ones J
- Photographs can be from anything to do with your Scout adventures over the years, from a group camp, to a current day meeting, a cool gate, anything ‘Scouty’ at all, the funnier or more interesting the better!!
- Let us have your stories in Word format please! Whilst our Leaders are lively and enthusiastic, they are not the best at computer skills so let’s keep it simple!!! J
- Just like the photographs, we will have to put a cap on the amount of stories you send in so you can submit up to 3 stories per group.
- The story you submit does not have to correspond with a photo you send in.
- Please keep the stories to a maximum of 150 words and just like the photographs the funnier or more interesting the better!
- Anyone from your scout group can enter a story, ex or retired members, Scouters & youth members. A few stories from different age groups would be great and would make for very interesting reading.
The closing date is very important as we are hoping to have the book edited and printed by the end of November for the big launch!
(and, yes you will all be invited!!)
If you make a submission to us we will guarantee that at least one of your stories and photographs will make it into our book!!